Updated on 23 July 2018 - Sardinia has thousand different faces as you can see in this interesting infographic that collects the symbols which mostly represent the island.
One of these icons deals with Sardinian food, a celebration of traditional foods and tastes.
Furthermore Sardinia is an ancient land and its traditional recipes are the perfect idyll of the many different cultures that have left their mark on the Island from age to age. Additionally, once you’re at the table in Sardinia, eating is a must!
As a matter of fact, experiencing the island from a culinary point of view is a way to discover an important face of Sardinia as well as a different way to enjoy your holiday in Sardinia!
Here you are the best Sardinian Restaurants selected by 2018 Slow Food, Gambero Rosso and Michelin guides and the best places where to eat according to CharmingSardinia.com.
Best Sardinian Restaurants according to the Osterie Slow Food 2018
A Slow Food Restaurant serves dishes made with local and fresh ingredients called also “prodotti a kilometro zero”.
They preserve the traditional and regional cuisine and, obviously, a good meal is always guaranteed.
- Su Carduleu
- Abbasanta (Oristano)
- La Locanda Dei Buoni E Cattivi
- Su Tzilleri E Su Doge
- Gavoi (Nuoro)
- Su Recreu
- Ittiri (Sassari)
- Il Portico
- Il Rifugio
- Antica Dimora Del Gruccione
- Santu Lussurgiu (Oristano)
- Santa Rughe - Gavoi (Nu)
- Trattoria Pintadera - Iglesias (CI)
- Agriturismo Su Recreu - Ittiri (SS)
- Sas Benas - Santu Lussurgiu (OR)
Best Restaurants according to Gambero Rosso Guide 2018
Gambero Rosso is the world’s authority on Italian food, wine and travel. Its monthly magazine explores the spectacular world of food, wine and travel throughout Italy and beyond for gourmands, enthusiasts and professionals. For the first time from 1986, a Sardinia restaurant has gained a mention in the last edition of Gambero Rosso Guide.
Best Restaurants according to Micheline Guide 2018
As all we know, the Michelin Stars are a hallmark of fine dining quality and restaurants around the world.
In Sardinia, there are 6 Michelin-starred restaurants. They have received 2 star and that means “A good place to stop on your journey, indicating a very good restaurant in its category, offering cuisine prepared to a consistently high standard”
- Dal Corsaro - Cagliari
- S’Apposentu a Casa Puddu - Siddi (Medio Campidano)
Other restaurants featured in the online Michelin Guide are:
- Luigi Pomata - Cagliari
- Locanda dei Buoni e Cattivi - Cagliari
- Cesare - Cagliari
- Sa Cardiga e Su Schironi - Capoterra (Cagliari)
3 Sardinia Restaurants have received a special mention in the Michelin section Bib Gourmand or better where you can find high quality menu for less then 30 €.
- Sa Corte - Oliena (Nuoro)
- Su Gologone - Oliena (Nuoro)
- Su Carduleu - Abbasanta (Oristano)
Best Restaurants according to CharmingSardinia.com
CharmingSardinia.com presents a refined selection of restaurants in Sardinia where to taste the best dishes that our land and sea have to offer. In this short list you will find both traditional restaurants and the new “emergent” restaurants that have revisited with a modern touch the most famous Sardinian dishes.
Il Pescatore - Porto Cervo
Da Pomata - Cagliari
Antica Dimora del Gruccione - Santu Lussurgiu (OR)
Su Gologone - Oliena (NU)
The best ice-cream maker in Sardinia
The prestigious "Guida Gelaterie d'Italia 2018" of the Gambero Rosso has confirmed this year too the "Tre coni" award to the "Bar Centrale". Visitors will find it at Marrubiu near Oristano.
The best wines in Sardinia
If you can’t manage to dine in one of the best restaurants in Sardinia, at least make sure not to miss one of the following Sardinian wines, awarded the “Tre Bicchieri” by the guide Vini d'Italia 2018 edited by Gambero Rosso:
- Alghero Torbato Terre Bianche Cuvée 161 ’16 - Tenute Sella & Mosca
- Cannonau di Sardegna Barrosu Franzisca Ris. ’14- Giovanni Montisci
- Cannonau di Sardegna Mamuthone ’15 - Giuseppe Sedilesu
- Cannonau di Sardegna Senes Ris. ’13 - Argiolas
- Cannonau di Sardegna Sincaru Ris.’ 14 - Vigne Surrau
- Carignano del Sulcis 6Mura ’12 - Cantina Giba
- Latinia ’11 - Cantina di Santadi
- Vermentino di Gallura Sup. Costarenas ’16 - Masone Mannu
- Vermentino di Gallura Sup. Maìa’ 15 - Siddùra
- Vermentino di Sardegna Stellato ’16 - Pala
- Vermentino di Sardegna Tuvaoes ’16 - Giovanni Maria Cherchi
- Vernaccia di Oristano Sup. Jughissa ’08 - Cantina Sociale della Vernaccia